Re: Windows Complete PC Backup

Sam wrote:
Hello!
I'm using windows vista busines edition and I tried to create a backup with vista's integrated tool. During backup operation an message error occurs: "new bad cluster were found on source volume". The backup seems to be successful but windows tell me that some bad clusters are been skipped.
So now, I don't know if I will be able to restore my system with that backup! Now, I don't want to try restoring system to avoid data loss. Can I check it anyway?Any advices?
P.s. I have dual boot system: linux ubuntu and vista. I'm using grub bootloader.
Thanks.
Sam.
Sounds like you need to run CHKDSK /R /F on the source computer (the one you are trying to back up). Run from Command prompt that you first right click and select "Run as Administrator" to open

Then delete the old back-up and start again, rather than hold onto a suspect backup, you one day may need!

Frenchy
.