Re: Windows Complete PC Backup

Sam wrote:
Hello!
I'm using windows vista busines edition and I tried to create a backup with vista's integrated tool. During backup operation an message error occurs: "new bad cluster were found on source volume". The backup seems to be successful but windows tell me that some bad clusters are been skipped.
So now, I don't know if I will be able to restore my system with that backup! Now, I don't want to try restoring system to avoid data loss. Can I check it anyway?Any advices?
P.s. I have dual boot system: linux ubuntu and vista. I'm using grub bootloader.
Thanks.
Sam.
Sounds like you need to run CHKDSK /R /F on the source computer (the one you are trying to back up). Run from Command prompt that you first right click and select "Run as Administrator" to open

Then delete the old back-up and start again, rather than hold onto a suspect backup, you one day may need!

Frenchy

  • Windows Complete PC Backup
    ... I'm using windows vista busines edition and I tried to create a backup with vista's integrated tool. ... During backup operation an message error occurs: "new bad cluster were found on source volume". ... I don't want to try restoring system to avoid data loss. ...
  • Re: Large Number of Storage Groups
    ... degradation is acceptable also impacts your backup strategy in CCR clusters. ... You can backup from the passive node offloading the IO consumed by the ... fail the entire cluster over to the passive node. ... If, on the other hand, you backup the active node then you can simply ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • RE: FTDISK warning messages in Exchange 2003 server
    ... Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies ... > used to backup up Exchange with the Windows 2003 backup utility. ... >> Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.clustering)
  • Re: Setting up a Linux network storage cluster
    ... > computer without taking the whole backup solution down and manually ... >> pairs of failover devices in a cluster, if you really wanted to, but I ... > the computers to raid between each other in the network / cluster. ... In that configuration the three nodes each have three partitions. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: possible looming failure
    ... and log directories from the Veritas routine. ... I'm thinking of ways to move Exchange from one cluster disk to another. ... When you said you backup some of the data drives, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.clustering)