Re: Missing volume bar

I posted a request to learn how to get rid of that bar. What I found
below worked, and reversing it might get back the bar for people who
want it:

You don?t have to uninstall any software to get rid of the on screen
Volume Display.

1. Click the Vista start icon, bottom left.
2. Type RUN in the Start Search box, ENTER.
3. Type MSCONFIG in the OPEN: area, Click OK.
4. Click on Continue if asked.
5. Select the StartUp Tab in the System Configuration menu.
6. Remove the checkmark from the HP Quicktouch On Screen Display item.
7. Click on OK and Restart if required. You are done.

Reverse above procedure to restore to original if desired.

--
Rickw

  • Re: Windows Vista Question
    ... sometimes down and hard to get rid of. ... Often when a link opens at the top of the page, this toolbar drops down and I can't close the link without 'moving' the link down on the page so the 'X' close box will work.. ... I have never used this bar for anything and see no need for it.. ... To turn it off you right click some icon in the system tray. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Windows Vista Question
    ... sometimes down and hard to get rid of. ... I have never used this bar for anything and see no need for it.. ... To turn it off you right click some icon in the system tray. ... Hover over all of them till you see a pop up that says Windows Side Bar. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Driver.cab File
    ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... Can I get rid of one of these? ... > are they for reversing some of the Microsoft "patches" ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.file_system)
  • Re: Hot Bar
    ... "Bob" wrote in message ... > friend that has Hot Bar and Bargain Buddy on her computer I have run ... > Ad-aware and SpyBot search and Destroy they will not get rid of Hot Bar ... I know that there is a way to get rid of them. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)