Re: Vista crashes CONSTANTLY

Unfortunately that's vista for you. A very unreliable OS. This is why most businesses don't use it.

Cheers

Ron

"teddy" <jam.mn@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:50D5715F-77E6-427C-BAE7-2B0B4AD0C9BF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
my four pekingnese

"Bek" wrote:

In fact I bet Vista crashes while I am typing this message. It will either
just freeze and purple and yellow stripes go down the screen, or I'll get the
blue screen of death and it'll reboot. When it freezes up I usually have to
turn the computer off, wait 30 seconds, then turn it back on. Vista crashes
at least 6 or 7 times a day. I originally upgraded, then when it crashed all
the time I did a clean install, but it is 8still* happenng. My copy is Vista
Home Premium. I spent good $$ on tihs but its been nothing more than a pain!
I'malmost ready to go back to XP. Someone please help!

  • Re: Any help to diagnose Vista freezes (2 instances)?
    ... Random freezing is nearly always attributable to faulty hardware. ... Installed Physical Memory 4.00 GB ... Hi - I've been living with random Vista freezes for about 6 months - they are frequent but no more or less so over the months - and they began after I clean installed a Vista Ultimate on a new PC. ... Other symptoms, when rebooting after a freeze, indicate - often as not - that my bios settings have been reset - & a booting screen asks me to choose to reset the bios to default values automatically or to enter and manually reset them. ...
  • Re: Survey - How stable is VISTA?
    ... A freeze is almost always a hardware driver problem. ... Look at the event viewer for a clue to the name of the driver. ... Sadly, my new whizzy HP laptop that came with Vista, is not fully ... dumped Norton again and an incredible 60Gb of promotion-ware supplied by ...
  • Graphics driver question
    ... If I open Chess Titans (a chess game included with Vista) and then ... try to open IE, the system will freeze. ... latest Intel drivers, and intel.com does have a more recent version. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Vista freezes
    ... Vista has begun freezing for no apparent reason. ... Have to unplug/plug the PC to get it to reboot. ... It will freeze when not in use and in Sleep mode. ... If you want an operating system that just works, check out Ubuntu, a free Linux desktop operating system. ...
  • Re: Vista freezes
    ... Vista has begun freezing for no apparent reason. ... It will freeze during use. ... Did you System Restore to, say, a week earlier to see if the behavior changes? ...