Re: explorer.exe does not run on startup

I will give some more info, hoping this will help you help me.

The problem started after I manually turned off my computer, because of
a system crash. At that moment, windows explorer was open, showing the
contents of C:\texts. Now, every time I log in Windows, the only thing
that appears on the screen is that window showing the contents of
C:\texts. Nothing else is displayed (no wallpaper, no desktop icons, no
start menu), until I manually run explorer.exe via the task manager.

How can I make them appear automatically again on system startup?

Thanks in advance.

m.

--
manos

  • Re: win init problem
    ... 2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award ... Taskbar Repair Tool Plus! ... >> pops the windows task manager. ... desktop icons and overall functionality. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Major Startup Problems
    ... "explorer.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. ... If I try starting in the Safe Mode, I'll get to a point where the screen is ... (No start button or desktop icons.) ... Task Manager show that explorer.exe is not running. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Lost my desktop, icons, start button, taskbar
    ... Desktop Icons and the Taskbar Fail to Load at Startup ... If your Windows is not on drive C: replace C: with your Windows ... To get to the desktop, I need to go into task manager and browse to my computer, select the c drive, right click to and click on search.. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Major Startup Problems
    ... "explorer.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. ... If I try starting in the Safe Mode, I'll get to a point where the screen is ... (No start button or desktop icons.) ... Task Manager show that explorer.exe is not running. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: blank desktop
    ... From the Task Manager, ... I was trying to install a downloaded program ... and the windows key does nothing. ... How can I get my desktop icons and the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)