Re: Deleting .ttf on Desktop

Demichan wrote:

Thank you very much, Malke. Safe mode didn't do anything; I tried Unlocker
[which was installed in my computer but there was a misunderstanding about
the commands before]. Unlocker deleted most of the annoying TTF on my
desktop and there was a message that the rest could / would be erased
during restart, but after restarting, I see them accupying the same space
as before. I shall keep on trying, something got to give...

Try Safe Mode Command Prompt. Make a note of the file names and then boot
into Safe Mode Command Prompt (the same way you got to Safe Mode). Navigate
to C:\Users\[your-user-name]\Desktop. Now at the command prompt:

del [name-of-font].ttf [enter]

If your Windows install isn't on C:\, obviously substitute the correct drive
letter.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: User inadvertently set the permissions for the entire HKCR hive to deny for the Everyone and Adm
    ... Safe Mode Command Prompt did not load either. ... If you have a test machine you can try this and it will render the machine ... Is it possible that something can/may be done in the "Safe Mode with Command ...
  • Re: Blank Desktop no Task manager
    ... I'm in the safe mode command line but I'm out of my depth as far as ... What will I lose if I run the repair from the install CD? ... are additional tasks to clean up AD, but that is the least of your worries. ... And be careful when you install something like an AV program that may ...
  • Re: log on probklems after windows updates
    ... You can use anyone's Windows XP CD to access the Recover Mode. ... Have you tried Safe Mode Command Prompt or Last Known Good Configuration. ...
  • Help installing with W2KSP4_EN.EXE
    ... An HP Printer I want to use with an old machine running the default install of Windows 2000 demands SP4 or the install of the printer's drivers fail. ... So does anybody know how I can get SP4 onto the old machine and run the install of the service packs from a Safe Mode command line? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.windows_update)
  • Re: Open Menu Missing
    ... If I boot Safe mode command prompt, ... >> computer was infected before you installed NIS, some of its - or some ... >> initial scan with the first-line antivirus tool, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)