Re: Safe mode

"scr621" <scr621@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ED9B6108-A732-4164-A1EB-798A097B7003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For some unknown reason I cannot get my PC to boot into safe mode (Windows
Vista Ultimate) When I turned on my pc I kept pressing on F8 till the boot
options came up. I click on safe mode, my system looks like it's going into
safe mode, then absolutely nothing happens & I end up having to reboot my
system with all the normal settings. Why is this happening please?
--
I just picked my nose!
Who chose yours?

Hi,

Just for troubleshooting purposes, disconnect any printers, usb drives-pin drives, etc. etc. and try the safe mode again.

--
All the best,
SG

Is your computer system ready for Vista?
https://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/
Want to keep up with the latest news from MS?
http://news.google.com/nwshp?tab=wn&ned=us&topic=t
Just type in Microsoft

  • Bluescreen everytime I update Vista 64bit SP1
    ... Every time I update Vista Ultimate 64bit SP1 using the Windows update ... after a restart I get a blue screen. ... mode) and in safe mode reboot again and after that all is fine. ...
  • xp pro 64 sp2 - doesnt like KB961260
    ... onecare safety scanner, malicious software removal tool. ... today tried removing the last updates KB961260 and KB960715 in safe mode, ... this is a dual boot machine, xp pro64 and vista ultimate 32. ...
  • Re: crcdisk.sys problem
    ... I wonder - is this a driver that is causing my computer to crash? ... I'm running 32 bit Vista Ultimate. ... Periodically I cannot boot my PC, it crashes with the blue screen. ... but as to why the boot into safe mode doesnt complete I cant ...
  • Re: crcdisk.sys problem
    ... I'm running 32 bit Vista Ultimate. ... Periodically I cannot boot my PC, it crashes with the blue screen. ... When I try to boot in safe mode, ... It is normal for crcdisk.sys to be the last on the list of loading drivers, but as to why the boot into safe mode doesnt complete I cant help. ...
  • Re: *!NOT your usual Vista Password Problem - Incorrect Password even every time even after rese
    ... Would you have any ideas on the anti malware applications that can work ... in safe mode for Vista Ultimate? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)