Re: This Copy of Windows is not genuine

And what does Sony say? its their version of Vista on their hw

"_Snake_" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

I am having the same problem as of yesterday. However, my story is a bit
different.

I got a virus few days ago, and yesterday I ran a full system scan (in
dos) before booting the windows (vista). After the scan finished &
infected files were deleted, Windows Vista booted and as it was doing so
some screen popped up displaying the pros/advantages of getting a
genuine copy of windows. Anyways, when I got to the desktop, it showed
the exact same message in the bottom right corner, as the thread starter
had mentioned:
http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ungenuineek0.jpg

Windows Vista came (already installed) with my Sony Vaio, which I
bought some time last summer (before June). And if you think I am making
this up (or if my copy really is ungenuine), I can take a picture of the
MS-Vista / Sony chip/card embedded beneath my laptop (proof of license),
and post it here (of course, with the product key blackened out).

So.. does anyone know how to fix this issue?

--
_Snake_

  • Re: Best Buy Vista Return Policy
    ... Vista had ZERO to do with it. ... If you bought defective Macs from ... or three Sony Vaios that had trouble connecting to our dorm network. ... When she took the laptop out of the box, ...
    (misc.consumers)
  • Re: System restore failed
    ... vaio with windows vista home premium) just froze and asked them if they ... sister should call Sony tech support. ... should also order a replacement restore disk set. ... If the computer is out of warranty, your sister should take the computer to ...
  • Re: Stops Working
    ... I have found Vista to be very sensitive to video driver problems. ... Sony Acid 4 is a very old version, so I thought I might have trouble with it. ... Word, IE, Windows Explorer and Sony music mixing software never quit while running under the XP operating system. ...
  • Re: white screen problem
    ... I will change the theme from the sony one to the vista one and also check ... for any updates for the graphics card. ... I have a Sony Vaio VGN-TZ21WN Laptop. ... system back to factory reset. ...
  • Re: Need help downgrading Vista-->XP
    ... VGN-NR110E laptop currently with vista. ... you have to be sure - you have to HAVE them - that XP drivers are available. ... The only way to "downgrade" from Vista to XP is after first wiping the ... I'm not seeing your model on the Sony site, but the nearest one, the NR120E, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)