Re: Main user account slower than other accounts...what gives?

Is the main user account set up as an 'admin' or 'standard' user? I had
a similar problem after I purchased my computer. I was using my admin
login all the time early on to install programs and hardly ever used my
'standard user' login. Over time I noticed a gradual decrease in speed
in my admin account. I've been using my 'standard user' account daily
for the last 4 months with no decrease in speed. The only time I use my
'admin' account is for installing and uninstallin programs and
maintenance.

--
KCMichaelB

  • Re: Sys Prefs Lock
    ... Because the lock/unlock setting for most of System Preferences is ... The only reason I can think of why Apple did this is that your account ... which was only significant for admin users, not standard users. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Sys Prefs Lock
    ... Because the lock/unlock setting for most of System Preferences is ... The only reason I can think of why Apple did this is that your account ... which was only significant for admin users, not standard users. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • "Standard" vs. Admin Account
    ... account to standard instead of admin." ... Title of Posting: Admin. ... or Standard access in Mac OS X 10.5.5? ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Main user account slower than other accounts...what gives?
    ... Is the main user account set up as an 'admin' or 'standard' user? ... temporary until Vista self tunes itself. ...
  • Re: Incoming E-Mail - cant create contact in OU
    ... central admin pool different than the web app. ... that account a little (if the web app is compromised or something, ... So I started with giving the app pool account domain admins permissions then ...