Re: This Copy of Windows is not genuine

I am having the same problem as of yesterday. However, my story is a bit
different.

I got a virus few days ago, and yesterday I ran a full system scan (in
dos) before booting the windows (vista). After the scan finished &
infected files were deleted, Windows Vista booted and as it was doing so
some screen popped up displaying the pros/advantages of getting a
genuine copy of windows. Anyways, when I got to the desktop, it showed
the exact same message in the bottom right corner, as the thread starter
had mentioned:
http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ungenuineek0.jpg

Windows Vista came (already installed) with my Sony Vaio, which I
bought some time last summer (before June). And if you think I am making
this up (or if my copy really is ungenuine), I can take a picture of the
MS-Vista / Sony chip/card embedded beneath my laptop (proof of license),
and post it here (of course, with the product key blackened out).

So.. does anyone know how to fix this issue?

--
_Snake_

  • RE: error when logging in
    ... Well, this copy of Windows Vista is genuine, for one. ... And not reformat it just yet. ... I also did a virus scan a couple days ago, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)
  • Re: ERROR LOADING DLL32
    ... Unfortunately, when you scan your computer with an antivirus program, it may ... interaction of the virus with your operating system files. ... How To Restore or Reinstall Microsoft Windows on a Dell Computer: ... visit Dell support and download and install the Dell Windows Vista drivers ...
  • Re: ERROR LOADING DLL32
    ... interaction of the virus with your operating system files. ... How To Restore or Reinstall Microsoft Windows on a Dell Computer: ... visit Dell support and download and install the Dell Windows Vista drivers ...
  • Re: Game problems on Vista x64
    ... hardware driver or a program that might have conflicts with other ... but this one is where it was mirrored from 'Windows Vista Custom ... I don't think it's a virus or ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)
  • Re: Locked out, "vista not genuine"
    ... positive on a WGA check. ... firstly - I know it is a genuine license, preinstalled and purchased from a large well known uk retailer. ... "windows vista, build 6001, this copy of windows is not genuine". ... i can use a universal boot disk to edit the registry - if anyone knows if a registry edit will help. ...