Re: Constant computer freeze

Hi,

You may have a hardware issue. Either a component may be failing or timing is set incorrectly in the BIOS. I would try installing an alternate OS such as XP or one of the linux variations to see if the unwanted behavior continues.

It may be the memory as well, and Vista has a built in diagnostic tool you can run. Just type 'memory diagnostic' into the start/search line to begin.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Opiate46" <Opiate46@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:8EDA4F92-D52B-407A-B80F-DAA8A5D63FB4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
After installing a fresh copy of Vista (minus SP1) my computer will totally
freeze up at anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes after starting Vista. I am unable
to do anything. No mouse or keyboard and apparently yelling doesn't work
either. Absolutely nothing was installed yet. No drivers or other programs. I
made attempts to install drivers thinking that a lack of them might be the
problem, but the PC would lock up in the middle of installs as well. My
computer is more than capable of running Vista. Please please help!

.