Re: Constant computer freeze

Hi,

You may have a hardware issue. Either a component may be failing or timing is set incorrectly in the BIOS. I would try installing an alternate OS such as XP or one of the linux variations to see if the unwanted behavior continues.

It may be the memory as well, and Vista has a built in diagnostic tool you can run. Just type 'memory diagnostic' into the start/search line to begin.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Opiate46" <Opiate46@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:8EDA4F92-D52B-407A-B80F-DAA8A5D63FB4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
After installing a fresh copy of Vista (minus SP1) my computer will totally
freeze up at anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes after starting Vista. I am unable
to do anything. No mouse or keyboard and apparently yelling doesn't work
either. Absolutely nothing was installed yet. No drivers or other programs. I
made attempts to install drivers thinking that a lack of them might be the
problem, but the PC would lock up in the middle of installs as well. My
computer is more than capable of running Vista. Please please help!

  • Re: corrupted profiles and much more
    ... I upgraded to Norton360 on VISTA in January 2008 ... related to installing VISTA sp1 prerelease on my PC (at least that is the ... However all was not related to SP1rc and Norton. ... in Windows Local Security Policies and HP PRotectTools. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • New Computer - BSOD - How do i find the problem?
    ... i have just put together a new computer, and installed Windows Vista Ultimate X64. ... The Raid array was broken and it wouldnt start Vista. ... I tried installing the newest chipset drivers and intel matrix storage manager, and i have also uninstalled some energy saving program from Asus called Six Engine. ... I was able to move the mouse around and type something into an open messenger window (dont know if the message was delivered). ...
  • Re: New Computer - BSOD - How do i find the problem?
    ... But of some reason I keep getting the BSOD, and i dont know how to find ... The Raid array was broken and it wouldnt start Vista (kept freezing at ... I tried installing the newest chipset drivers and intel matrix storage ... The latest message i got when starting windows after a bluescreen is the ...
  • Re: Vista Bus to SBS2003R2 connectcomputer problems . . .
    ... I'm running premium SBS R2, but I haven't installed ISA yet. ... I was planning on installing ISA this weekend, but maybe I'll wait until this is sorted out. ... I have commited this machine to Vista now and will continue using my old XP laptop until the problem is resolved or I determine how to work around the problem manually. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Vista Service Pak 1
    ... Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is not 'released to manufacturing' at this ... If you have a prior version of SP1 beta installed, ... prior to installing SP1 RC. ... Q. How do I uninstall Windows Vista SP1? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)