Re: 8 gb RAM w/ D975XBX2 + Vista 64 = No Go :-(

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 07:57:11 -0700, "Drew" <sheba3169@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am running 64bit and agreed I had problems with all ram not showing until
swapped for matched ram...I honestly do not know why but it worked so I am
not complaining

Drew,

I don't think I'm having a problem with matched RAM but rather a chipset that
simply cannot support 8GB RAM. Are you saying that you have a D975XBX2 board
running Vista64 w/ 8GB RAM and it's stable??

If so.... what RAM?

I'm about to dump this board and start all over with an Asus P5E WS Pro X38 DDR2
board. You'll save me a lot of trouble if you can confirm that this Intel board
can indeed work. But info I've gleened elsewhere suggests the ONLY RAM that will
work in an 8GB configuration would be (might be) memory based on 1GB chips which
is rare and afaik VERY $$$.

So... tell me more ;-)

Thanks,

Russell

  • Re: Hardware.
    ... you always want to have matched ram, which is why I was saying buy another ... stick if all of your ram was in one stick of 512. ... like corkscrews. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Toolbar buttons disappear (was Memory/Resource Leaks in XP)
    ... Still having trouble with the memory/resource problem. ... 'resource ram' that was an entirely separate issue from normal RAM ... IE's toolbars get rearranged. ... Swap file is set to 'System Managed' ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Constant Mac G4 Freezes
    ... Admittedly it sniffs of a RAM problem to me too, ... NOT likely PRAM battery but check anyway. ... already removed all externals to eliminate those as trouble source. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Page Numbers
    ... I'll play around with several and see ... which gives the least trouble. ... (For short documents, print in reverse ... least RAM, so John's memory-related suggestion is spot on. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Real cost of the mini
    ... >>> complaining about the price of upgrading your Pinto to a sports car. ... Selling the mini with only 256mb ram would be like selling PC's ... Get off the "It's got shared video memory" bandwagon Joe. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)