Re: Insert blank CD/DVD, get numerous Event ID 51's?

It's time to bring this topic back to light.

I'm getting this exact error. Thousands of them. There is nothing wrong
with my hardware or device drivers at all. DMA is on and functioning,
not PIO. CDs burn perfectly fine. Event Viewer just reads that Event ID
51 for no reason when inserting a blank CD.

Can anyone shed light on this? Thanks.

--
ajm786

  • Re: Explorer cant find links to Microsoft help-pages, so neither
    ... This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. ... Will try to do as you ask, so her comes the Error & Warning reports. ... Bruger: Ikke tilgængelig ... the System and Application logs in Event Viewer for the last boot. ...
  • Re: slow boot up
    ... Device drivers will cause this type of problem. ... What updates does the Windows XP disk include? ... Application logs of Event Viewer at the time of the last boot and post ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows 2000 memory usage growing...
    ... I have a server which is generating multiple instances of the above ... hardware failures, and IBM has viewed these and told me the hardware ... I have installed Process Explorer as suggested, but what would I be looking ... To access the event viewer simply goto Run... ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Explorer cant find links to Microsoft help-pages, so neither
    ... That has nothing to do with the hardware, ... Will try to do as you ask, so her comes the Error & Warning reports. ... Bruger: Ikke tilgængelig ... the System and Application logs in Event Viewer for the last boot. ...
  • Re: ****Win XP freezes all the time****
    ... To review Shutdown Event Tracker data, Open Event Viewer. ... View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP ... hardware and software/Hardware/Update and Troubleshooters. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)