How do you restore a Vista Business backup on a Vista Home PC
- From: Russ <Russ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 12:54:01 -0700
I had a "work" laptop running Vista Business, from an upgrade disc, as XP had
originally been installed. In line with good practice, I ran regular backups
onto an external drive, from the MS software facility provided.
So, following a recent crash, I bought a new laptop, and accepted it with
Vista Home Premium. I tried to restore the back-up and even using the
advanced restore, it could not see the backup.
Having look on the Microsoft site, its nots very clear, but the help
suggests that Vista Business runs a backup "image" thats not compatible with
IS THAT FOR REAL ??
Does anyone know a way around this without lining Microsofts pockets with a
upgrade to Business that I dont want ?
- Prev by Date: Re: Recovering space on C
- Next by Date: RE: Recovering space on C
- Previous by thread: Recovering space on C
- Next by thread: Re: How do you restore a Vista Business backup on a Vista Home PC