Vista's boot time suddenly slow

Hello,

my Vista booted with scrolling the green thingy about 7 times.
Yesterday, all of a sudden, it started to boot with scrolling it about
20-25 times.
I tried to turn off some programs to load with Windows (Steam, Adobe
and iTunes). Also turned some services off/put to Manual (like Printer
Spooler, iTunes Helper and so on), but that didn't help.
When I installed Windows I found out that disabling service named
Server made the boot time that short and it's still disabled.

Any ideas what might slow down the boot up process? I guess something
related to network and networking services but I'm not sure.

Thanks

|| Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2GHz | 4x1GB
A-Data EXTREME DDR2 800+ | BFG GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB | WDC
WD5000AAKS-65YGA0 500GB SATA-II | Windows Vista Business x64, SP1 |
Fortron (FSP) Blue Storm II 500W | Aerocool ExtremEngine 3T ||

--
aerozolic

  • Re: Vistas boot time suddenly slow
    ... Yesterday, all of a sudden, it started to boot with scrolling it about ... Spooler, iTunes Helper and so on), but that didn't help. ... Server made the boot time that short and it's still disabled. ... related to network and networking services but I'm not sure. ...
  • Re: PC Crash help.
    ... spent some time typing that lot. ... No it won't boot into Safe Mode, starts scrolling through files and ... successfully salvaged all my data from the SATA disk. ... is fine so it must be the boot sector that's corrupted. ...
    (uk.sci.weather)
  • Re: Upgrade Kernel, Lose External Display
    ... normal gdm login and then desktop. ... appearance of boot using old kernel and new kernel is that, ... of the screen and starts scrolling down the left side. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • [Fwd: Re: spurious messages]
    ... "Warning processor level 4 interrupt not serviced" scrolling on the ... a race condition at boot, e.g., one or more resources taking longer than ... the next step is to boot with full-on diags (OBP: ... so be sure to clean the inside of the case thoroughly ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Vistas boot time suddenly slow
    ... Yesterday, all of a sudden, it started to boot with scrolling it about ... When I installed Windows I found out that disabling service named ... Server made the boot time that short and it's still disabled. ... Sounds like a corupted driver issue.Try System Restore day-two before ...