Stops Working

By now it should be obvious that, under the Vista operating system, I have
Home Premium, there is a severe overall, general "has stopped working"
problem.

Thus far I've experienced:
"Internet Explorer has stopped working"
"Windows Explorer has stopped working"
"Word has stopped working"
"Sherlock Holmes Nemesis (Adventure Company) has stopped working"
"Outlook has stopped working"
"Acid 4.0 (Sony) has stopped working"
"Acid 6.0 (Sony) has stopped working"
"Sound Forge (Sony) has stopped working"

Is it not obvious by now that Vista has a problem, maybe a compatability
problem, with everything from Internet Explorer and Microsoft Word to third
party programs which cause programs, as I mentioned, even programs made by
Microsoft, to "stop working"?

Is there no an overall "stopped working" patch or something that Microsoft
has released by now?

Could it possibly be that Vista's OK, but every program that runs within its
system has suddenly gone bad, even those produced by Microsoft?

In looking through the forum, I see other users asking about certain
individual programs and applications that have "stopped working".

When I asked specifically about Word, I was told that there are probably
Word "temp" files on my computer that I needed to find and delete. However,
I purchased a brand new Gateway laptop and within a few days, Word stopped
working.

Are there Sony Acid temp files or Sherlock Holmes game temp files that my
wife or I have to find and delete?

I submit that there's a, and here's my non technical side coming out,
"glitch", for lack of a better non techie term, in Vista the operating system
that, if discovered and fixed via an update or a patch would be a general fix
for the very general "stopped working" problem.

When one is working under a deadline or one's work is time sensitive, one
can not be fighting programs which stop and start working over and over
again. And coming here and asking about every other program which "stops
working" is extremely time consuming and can be even expensive.

Please tell me that you've solved this problem, in general.

Thanks in advance.

Michael Bonanno
mandtbn@xxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Word has stopped working opening on Vista
    ... "Word has stopped working and will close" or something like ... As the owner of a vertical software company and Microsoft Certified Partner ... I gather you get an error when starting Word2007 in Vista? ... > blue screen problem with Excel, but the word startup problem has ...
  • Re: Word has stopped working opening on Vista
    ... "Word has stopped working and will close" or something like ... As the owner of a vertical software company and Microsoft Certified Partner ... I gather you get an error when starting Word2007 in Vista? ... but the word startup problem has ...
  • Re: Office 2007 pin to start menu functionality in Vista RTM
    ... why they stopped working (microsoft update?) ... clicking my computer (or just "computer" in vista start menu)> ... It looks as though it is the same problem - the shortcuts ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Best Buy or Worst Buy
    ... here and the operating system was on it so you sold me a bad system, ... then I call the credit card company and dispute the charges. ... use for my office computers. ... problem is that the ethernet card has stopped working) so I then have ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: Stops Working
    ... that are peers asking peers why programs, many, many, many different ... have suddenly "stopped working" when running under Vista. ... If one has never encountered a "stopped working" problem with Vista, ... of all kinds, those created by Microsoft and those not created by Microsoft, ...