Re: Can't access system tray or windows clock

Joe7dust;768570 Wrote:
I ran an .exe file in order to remove that little blue line at the
bottom
that is supposedly a "hidden" taskbar, and now I can't seem to undo it.

When I load windows the taskbar is there, but without the clock and the
system tray icon'd programs. Then I run the hidetaskbar.exe and it goes
away
completely which is great, but how do I access the system tray
programs?

In particular, I'm having trouble with Trillian (a chat client that
controls
aim, icq, yahoo, msn all at once). When it starts up it goes
immediately to
the system tray, so it has been rendered completely inaccessible to me.
can't alt+tab to it, I can't switch to it in the processes window, I
can't
even access it's options to change it so that it doesn't minimize to
the
system tray on startup. =\ ugh.

I can't remember the website I got the file from, and I don't even know
if
they have an undo version. Please help

Hi Joe,

Do you have a link to what you used so we can better determine what you
should use to remedy the problem?

It sounds like you need to use the "Show" option in this tutorial to
see if it will bring them back.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/138395-notification-area-hide-all-system-icons.html

You might also take a look at this tutorial to see if it applies to you
as well.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/106787-notification-area-system-icons.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*

  • Re: Cant access system tray or windows clock
    ... that is supposedly a "hidden" taskbar, and now I can't seem to undo it. ... When I load windows the taskbar is there, but without the clock and the ... but how do I access the system tray ...
  • Re: taskbar locked out and inaccessible for second user
    ... When the second user first hovers the curser over the task bar it appears to be functioning normally - i.e. the short message appears which describes the start menu and the icons in the system tray. ... Taskbar Repair Tool Plus! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Cant access system tray or windows clock
    ... You posted your question in a Vista group, so it was assumed you have Vista installed as you did not state otherwise. ... You might try MVP Kelly's Taskbar Repair tool: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm ... Windows help - www.rickrogers.org ... but how do I access the system tray ...
  • Re: I need to disable the system tray completely
    ... I have a client who wants to completely remove the system tray from the windows shell... ... I have already locked it down as much as I can with group policy, but they have some programs that run in the system tray that they don't want the users to know about.... ... This setting affects the notification area on the taskbar. ... The notification area is located at the far right end of the task bar and includes the icons for current notifications and the system clock. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • [kde] Taskbar and system tray
    ... KDE user for little more than a year. ... In my opinion the system tray and taskbar are in a bad state. ... the Kopete systray icon will let you ...
    (KDE)