Re: Can't update Adobe latest version

I suggest that you delete the present version of Adobe Reader (8.0 ?)
and then install the new update which is 9.0.
To delete present Adobe: Control Panel/Programs then follow
instructions to delete.

"nealallen" <nealallen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi all. I keep getting a window poping up asking if I want to install
Adobe
latest version, once I click yes I get another message telling me I need
close the Adobe programme that's already running.

Can someone tell me how I search to find and close Adobe please. Also,
when
I close the computer down, a window opens and tells me Adobe is still
running, click 'cancel' or 'shut down'

I'm using Vista.

Thanks in advance.

Nealallen

  • Re: OT - Saving fillable PDF forms
    ... a mistake on a form after closing Adobe Reader, I have to fill out the ... Adobe Reader XI is a freeware program released by Adobe just last ... You can download Adobe Reader XI from any download site like Tucows or ... You go to download and install a program ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: IE will not access HTTPS sites Suddenly
    ... Adobe programs from your system, ... I will see how many places it appears once I do the uninstall. ... Did you install the older version of the Reader using the Run from the ...
  • Re: Flash mob in Maryland on tape
    ... Is it because your old Adobe Reader takes so long to load? ... she didn't even win one game out of twenty with me. ... There is a go game in Mint. ... You can also install it on a pen drive. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Help! Adobe support created administrator crisis
    ... "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote: ... a new user to install Adobe PS Elements. ... have assess to my original user the next time I started. ...