Re: Clock Update Error Still Exists!

deputylynch <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Could not find anything there to help!
I can ping a bunch of different servers but the clock will not update!

Pinging them will NOT update your clock.

  • Re: synchronization
    ... At the maximum slew rate of 500 parts per million, it will take several hours to bring your clock into synchronization. ... ntpd should set the clock unconditionally at startup; e.g. it should query the servers to find out what time it is and then set your clock to that time. ... Look for servers near you in geographical space and test them for nearness in net space (low round trip delays). ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
  • Re: synchronization
    ... At the maximum slew rate of 500 parts per million, it will take several hours to bring your clock into synchronization. ... ntpd should set the clock unconditionally at startup; e.g. it should query the servers to find out what time it is and then set your clock to that time. ... All the public stratum 1 servers are generally loaded to the breaking point and should be avoided if possible. ... Look for servers near you in geographical space and test them for nearness in net space (low round trip delays). ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
  • Re: ntpq times out if NMEA refclock configured?
    ... I'm trying to add a GPS refclock to my server. ... clock, I'm now using a Garmin GPS25 and the NMEA refclock. ... Running minicom at 4800 Baud with NTPD stopped shows the GPS serial data ... The servers appear to have wildly differing opinions as to what time it is. ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
  • Re: Whereis NTP (client) config file in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.
    ... > If you right click on the clock applet on the GNOME panel, ... But reading about NTP, it suggests using three to five NTP servers, ... # Permit time synchronization with our time source, ... # permit the source to query or modify the service on this system. ...
    (linux.redhat.misc)
  • Re: ntpq times out if NMEA refclock configured?
    ... I'm trying to add a GPS refclock to my server. ... clock, I'm now using a Garmin GPS25 and the NMEA refclock. ... correct of -495.9 PPM is on the ragged edge of the 500 PPM limit. ... Your servers should, ideally, be close to you in net space. ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)