RE: How to speed up Vista

When I only have 1GB memory in Windows Vista. I tried several programs to
Speed up vista But One program that effectively speed up mine, WinBubble.
This program is really great and it's free guys!

http://unlockforus.blogspot.com/2007/10/windows-vista-unlocks-news-tips-and.html

just find the optimization topic. hope this helps...

"rive0108" wrote:

Many people I see are having the problem in regards to either a slow
boot up, or windows is slow to load Programs.

I myself have 4GB of ram, and I am using a SATA RAID 0 config. This can
result in heavy fragmentation and a slow system- especially after
recording tv on MCE.

Deframenting speeds up the system dramatically, BUT using the default
defragmentation doesn't defrag files bigger than 64MB.

_*So_here_are_two_steps_to_a_faster_system:*_

*1. Do a full defrag- all files*
Start>All Programs>Acessories>Right Click Command Prompt>"Run as
Administrator">at command prompt, copy and paste the following:

*defrag c: -w*

*2. Check disk for errors*
Start>Computer>Right Click "C" drive>Click Properties>Tools>Error
Checking-Click "Check Now">Under Check Disk Options click "Automatically
fix file system errors" and "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad
sectors"> Restart Computer

*-(note-substitute "c" for the drive letter you want to defrag/check
for errors)-*

When computer restarts after check disk you will notice system is much
faster, and more responsive.

--
rive0108

Alienware Area-51 M5790
Vista Ultimate x64 sp1
T7600G Core2 Duo 2.33 Ghz (overclocked to 2.67 GHZ)
ATI Mobility Radeon x1900 256 MB
1920x1200 WUXGA
4GB DDR2 PC5300
Blu-ray BD-RE UJ-220