RE: How to speed up Vista

When I only have 1GB memory in Windows Vista. I tried several programs to
Speed up vista But One program that effectively speed up mine, WinBubble.
This program is really great and it's free guys!

http://unlockforus.blogspot.com/2007/10/windows-vista-unlocks-news-tips-and.html

just find the optimization topic. hope this helps...

"rive0108" wrote:

Many people I see are having the problem in regards to either a slow
boot up, or windows is slow to load Programs.

I myself have 4GB of ram, and I am using a SATA RAID 0 config. This can
result in heavy fragmentation and a slow system- especially after
recording tv on MCE.

Deframenting speeds up the system dramatically, BUT using the default
defragmentation doesn't defrag files bigger than 64MB.

_*So_here_are_two_steps_to_a_faster_system:*_

*1. Do a full defrag- all files*
Start>All Programs>Acessories>Right Click Command Prompt>"Run as
Administrator">at command prompt, copy and paste the following:

*defrag c: -w*

*2. Check disk for errors*
Start>Computer>Right Click "C" drive>Click Properties>Tools>Error
Checking-Click "Check Now">Under Check Disk Options click "Automatically
fix file system errors" and "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad
sectors"> Restart Computer

*-(note-substitute "c" for the drive letter you want to defrag/check
for errors)-*

When computer restarts after check disk you will notice system is much
faster, and more responsive.

--
rive0108

Alienware Area-51 M5790
Vista Ultimate x64 sp1
T7600G Core2 Duo 2.33 Ghz (overclocked to 2.67 GHZ)
ATI Mobility Radeon x1900 256 MB
1920x1200 WUXGA
4GB DDR2 PC5300
Blu-ray BD-RE UJ-220
HP digital Tuner express card
200 GB 7200 RPM HDD RAID 0

  • Re: Windows Vista at One Year (Dark Side Report)
    ... Shop manager Aaron Kaplan said they were prompted to put it up because so many people were having problems with Windows Vista, including compatibility issues with older software and trouble adjusting to the interface. ... Microsoft released Windows Vista to the world one year ago with ads likening the new PC operating system to such awe-inspiring moments as the first American spaceflight and the fall of the Berlin Wall. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • RE: Vista unable to logon with RDP in Remote Web Workplace
    ... I searched for other threads related to TCP Autotuning and found ... Do all Vista workstation have such issue? ... Can you see any error messages when connecting to server desktop? ... When trying to connect to a terminal server from Windows Vista, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Connection problem with WPA2 Enterprise with Windows Vista (Home Premium)
    ... I have deployed a Wi-Fi network with WPA2 protocol set, and authentication with RADIUS server, both "users" file and Active Directory. ... Everyone but users that try to get access to Wi-Fi network with a Windows Vista operating system. ... DHCP address from whatever unspecifed device is delivering the IP ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Apple is Completely Eclipsed
    ... 60 Million Copies of Windows Vista Completely Eclipse Apple - Vista sells ... revenue growth in the 2007 fiscal year ended on June 30. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Why one should choose Linux over Vista
    ... Because you hate Microsoft ... It?s never too much for Vista! ... There is no Linux Genuine Advantage! ... DVD Burning Problem in Windows Vista ...