Individualised internet shortcut icons have been replaced by generic "big-e"

Vista 32 - IE 7

For the past 6 months the internet shortcut icons which I have dragged
from various webpages onto my desktop have kept their unique
appearance.

Now, however, they have all reverted to the standard, generic, default
"big-e" icon - no doubt due to an accidental change of Setting.

If I drag an individualised icon directly from the Address field of an
open web-page to my Links or my Quick Launch toolbar, it keeps its
individual appearance. If I drag it to the Desktop, it reverts to the
default "big-e"

I know it is possible for Vista Home Premium 32 / IE7 to display these
individual icons, as they have worked fine on my setup for 6 months.

How do I get all internet shortcuts placed on the Desktop to show the
individualised icon specific to each site ?

Many thanks for your help

  • Re: Making money with shareware,Is it possible?
    ... icons just look awful scaled up to 48 x 48 on the Vista desktop. ... whole sophisticated look of Vista shows up poorly designed apps even more. ... invest the time in icon design and will have to pay for collections. ...
    (comp.software.shareware.authors)
  • Re: Desktop icons vanishing. How to get rid of them?
    ... standby about 80% of the desktop icons are replaced by the generic ... why does Windows suffer partial memory loss at random? ... Vista is XP with a new interface and DRM. ... According to some stuff I read on www.annoyances.org, Windows uses Explorer to display the desktop. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Desktop icons vanishing. How to get rid of them?
    ... standby about 80% of the desktop icons are replaced by the generic ... why does Windows suffer partial ... Vista is XP with a new interface and DRM. ... Windows uses Explorer to display the desktop. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • resolution changes and KVM switch use
    ... This is follow on from a post of 16 June about KVM switches, XP and Vista. ... But I cannot retain the desired display resolution of 1920 x 1200 ... the chances are on resuming that the resolution has changed and the icons ... Is this likely to be a KVM switch issue, a conflict between the XP and Vista ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Way to re-arrange favorite links in 2007 save-as dialoge?
    ... There may be some way to customize the favorite links in Vista, but, as I say, I haven't discovered it. ... It does, however, offer information on customizing the list. ... or use small icons. ... Places Bar under Windows XP. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)