Re: Wireless Internet after Vista Service Pack 1

Dave from Canada wrote:
Hey there;

Last week I updated my HP laptop (DV2332CA) to Vista SP1 and my wireless internet stopped working. My device could detect the networks but they couldn't connect. I did all the recommended updates from HP et al, but it didn't work. I was forced to restore my system. Any suggestions?

You did select the right kind of security to match the router didn't you? eg WEP / WPA ?

  • Re: Pls help - want to travel wirelessly and ckeck emails
    ... Cite any law that makes it 'illegal'. ... attaching to networks that aren't thiers by accident. ... Now I understand ignorance of the law is no excuse, ... I even did this on my laptop the other day with a neighbor's AP. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Keeping time synchronized
    ... CPU cycles - but modern CPUs switch frequencies all the time to save ... I think those tutorials are outdated, but there are other reasons ntpd may not be suitable for laptop use: ... Recent versions have the ability to deal with interfaces going up and down, but were never intended for typical laptop usage patterns (long periods off net, intermittent connections, assorted networks that may each provide different NTP servers, ...). ...
    (Fedora)
  • HELP: Wireless network issues
    ... I have a good knowledge of computers but not networks, ... I have managed to get my laptop and desktop to both say the signal ... I also want it so I have to log in every time i use my wireless so ...
  • Re: Linksys WRT54G and Firewall software
    ... be more than enough, but, if you take your laptop to other networks school, work, friends) it won't be enough in most cases.". ... then you really have to explain what would fill the "not enough" if the computer is in other networks. ... XP SP2 firewall in other networks and you are running a other brand ... Internet, a user would be some kind of fool not to run what an AV and some kind of PFW/personal packet filter or XP's FW/personal packet filter, if using the XP O/S or some other MS NT based O/S. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Wont Connect To Preferred Networks Using Wi-Fi Policy
    ... As we have newer wi-fi cards and some older wi-fi cards we ... Configuring a laptop manually I can connect to both SSIDs using both types ... wireless group policy. ... users laptops connecting to unauthorised networks with out their knowledge), ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)