Re: Vista Problems

Alright I got it burned to a dvd and everything and I boot from the disk
but i tried the repair and it did absolutely nothing...Does that mean
I'm pretty much just going to have to reformat?

--
mikeyisjesus

  • Re: Inaccessible_Boot_Device
    ... I decided to re-run the repair procedure. ... "inaccessible boot device," I selected Fixboot. ... I do a total disk backup to an external CD about every three months (takes ... switch drives, and attempt to copy folders/files to an external hard ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Disk Utility and Disk Repair
    ... Now the repair button is grayed ... then hold down T at startup on one of them to boot into Firewire ... Target Disk mode, you can boot the other Mac and Mac OS X will mount ... If you have the installation CD/DVD, all you need to do is boot from the installation CD/DVD, then run Disk Utility from the menu bar, and repair the problem disk. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: disk boot failure
    ... The error "Disk boot failure, insert system disk and restart" indicates the ... Usually a "repair" corrects the problem - I may repeat info of which you are ...
  • Re: Disk Utility and Disk Repair
    ... Now the repair button is grayed ... then hold down T at startup on one of them to boot into Firewire ... Target Disk mode, you can boot the other Mac and Mac OS X will mount ... If you have the installation CD/DVD, all you need to do is boot from the installation CD/DVD, then run Disk Utility from the menu bar, and repair the problem disk. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: STOP : INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE (0x0000007B, ...)
    ... Try pressing F8 early during the boot phase, ... may have some file corruption or perhaps a bad cluster on your disk. ... Depending on your level of experience, you may ask a repair shop ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)