Re: DVD burner problems with vista home premium

Thanks

I solved it by deleting some registry keys. I went to the Vista help and support website and followed directions. I searched using Blue Screen.

"Spirit" <noone@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OxRlsRB3IHA.2336@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Try RESTORE if you can go back before the error started happening.

IF that does not work or is not possible then boot into Safe Mode
then Device Manager and DELETE the drive. Reboot and let it
reload the drivers.

By chance did you load any program that might have been the cause
of the problem?

"Rosemary" <Rose1095@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:7DD3CC98-F427-486D-83CC-0D3477786044@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am unable to use my DVD/CD writer. When I insert a disc, a blue screen
appears and the computer reboots. The blue screen mentions something about
a fatal error.

What should I do?

roses

  • Re: DVD burner problems with vista home premium
    ... Try RESTORE if you can go back before the error started happening. ... IF that does not work or is not possible then boot into Safe Mode ... appears and the computer reboots. ...
  • Re: windows XP wont restore
    ... Vyas, MVP (SQL Server) ... "tigert6" wrote in message ... When I try to do a restore, there are restore points already made. ... looks like it is going well, the computer reboots but then comes up with a ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: ontape restore error
    ... try typing onmode -ky a couple of times before starting the restore. ... gunzip -c informix.backup | ontape -r ... different fresh database (you don't see it but i did gunzip the ... Fatal error in shared memory creation ...
    (comp.databases.informix)
  • Re: System Restore
    ... one Restore Point made by me earlier on. ... All the prompts seem to indicate I'm doing the right thing, ... the computer reboots, it tells me that the system cannot restore to a ... Information and troubleshooting about System Restore is here on MVP Bert ...
  • system restore failure
    ... have continually attempted to reset my Windows XP Pro to a ... Click on the appropriate restore point ... in system restore and it appears the program is working to ... the point where the computer reboots. ...