Re: Frequent shutdown and restart after about 3 to 10 minutes from sta

Roy Mayo wrote:

Hi,

I run Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 on a well equipped Abit AV8 socket
939 AGP motherboard.

Recently, about 3 to 10 minutes after startup and while running quite
common programs, the computer suddenly shuts down, restarts up to the
point where i have to enter the password. After it is running again, a
window appears which says " The computer has recovered from an unexpected
shutdown" (or words very similar to that).

All work not saved is lost, and it is very frustrating.

The first thing to do is disable the automatic restart so you can get the
Stop Error (BSOD).

Start Orb>Control Panel

Or Start Orb>Search box>type: System
Click on System that appears in the list of results.

In Control Panel Vista-style - click on System and Maintenance.
In Control Panel Classic View - double-click the System applet.

In the task pane on the left, click the Advanced system settings link.
Locate the Startup and Recovery area and click on the Settings button.

In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to
Automatically restart. OK your way out.

Once you've done this, when you get the Blue Screen with the Stop Error you
can research it here:
http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

If you take a look at that page, it will also give you an idea of the amount
of the Stop Error you need to post here if you need more help.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: window xp not starting from recovery cd
    ... Does it matter to what kind of computer I hook up this hard drive as a slave? ... Do I need a the file recovery software? ... window will start normaly in 30 sec or you can start safe mode, command, ... your hard disk and connect it as a slave disk to his own machine so that you ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: How do I change UI colors in code without logging offon again?
    ... Reloads the registry "hive" into a memory cache ... Sends a broadcast message to every window, ... a "trick" to refresh/reload the registry is to kill the thread ... my symbol server and am remote debugging the Control Panel applet, ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ui)
  • Re: Calling sysdm.cpl from MFC....
    ... I tried it from control panel and noticed something ... temp window after launch (it's a blocking call so they probably need to kill ... lots and lots of balloons in that code, ... exceptionally fast. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • CP not opening
    ... Blank Control Panel, No Admin Tools, EXTREMELY Slow Operat ... I am getting sick and tired of how crappy Vista is! ... try to open it as a window (i.e., green bar crawling across the top of the ...
  • RE: Blue logon screen missing
    ... > userpasswords2` and Accounts applet produce same window. ... >> Accounts applet in Control Panel and checked "enable the Welcome ... please quote the text of the error message in your next ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)