Re: Won't let me chkdsk /f in admin

Bob;765442 Wrote:
I thought I could figure out how to run chkdsk /f . How do I run chkdsk
/f?

I ran chkdsk /f in administrator account. Clicked "start" then opened a
DOS
window. Typed CD\ to get to root directory. Then typed in chkdsk /f.
Below is the message I got:
"Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges.
You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode."

I am on a 32-bit Vista Home Premium (SP1) box.

Thanks for the help
Bob

Hi Bob,

This tutorial will help show you how to run chkdsk.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67612-check-disk-chkdsk.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*

  • Re: AC power failure and WindowsXP?
    ... Hank wrote: ... If needed, chkdsk will run. ... >>After making your selections in this window, XP will inform you that it ... Tried your CMD and it brought up a DOS ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: XP SCANDISK
    ... that shipped in MSDOS prior to DOS 6, and is still found in DOS 6 and ... Scandisk instead, describing Scandisk as "better". ... The reason why NT is still stuck with ChkDsk is because it was first ... When Windows starts again, no further check is ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Hard Drive Test that runs under windows?
    ... What's a good Hard Drive Tester that will run under DOS and/or windows. ... Is there some freeware that's more comprehensive than Chkdsk, but will run from the active hard drive? ... Needs to fit on a floppy, so the big test suites won't do. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
  • Re: CHKDSK for "An error occurred during directory enumeration"
    ... started up in DOS, I tryto to access the C: ... the chkdsk versions on my DOS floppies do not include the r ... I got a message saying it would not run in DOS mode. ... DOS version of chkdsk that includes the r switch. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Boot CD/DVD =?ISO-8859-1?Q?f=FCr?= Vista
    ... Eingabeaufforderung (Befehlszeile "DOS") zu kommen, ... Du kannst mit der VISTA-DVD booten, wenn Du im BIOS Deines Computers ... Du z.B. CHKDSK starten kannst. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.sonstiges)