RE: Very Serious Resolution Issue

Boot into safe mode and then change the resolution.
--
Paul

"Rahvasaadik" wrote:

Here is what happened: My screen can only support 1600x900 resolution,l but i
didnt know that and when experimenting, i changed it to 1600x1000, which
turned the screen black and displayed the message "out of range" or something
like that. I sat still for some minutes, expecting the system to restore the
previous resolution setting, as you know it does unless "YES, keep this
resolution" is pressed, but nothing happened. So now im online with my
Scientific Linux Live edition, asking for your assistance. How can i restore
my user resolution?

  • Re: Want my resolution back to 800x600
    ... If the resolution is set at 800 x 600 then that is where it is at. ... holding down the "Ctrl" key and spin the mouse button. ... I went to check my screen resolution settings, ... > Restore, but discovered I had no restore dates on file (I have used ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Very Serious Resolution Issue
    ... which turned the screen black and displayed the message "out of range" or ... restore the previous resolution setting, as you know it does unless "YES, ... keep this resolution" is pressed, ... Log into Safe Mode and change the resolution to something low. ...
  • 2003 update: what worked for me
    ... Read your resolution with interest. ... doing a full system recovery. ... restore, but it doesn't go far enough back to take care ... registry key. ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • Re: Anyone used a Dell laptop with a 17" 1920x1200 screen?
    ... development laptop sufficiently often to organize the layout to ... accommodate such changes - especially as the first problem is more ... I highly recommend having a look at Desktop Icon Save and Restore ... resolution or sometimes for no reason at all. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Icons and toolbars in Office too large and blurry
    ... Have you tried changing the resolution? ... LCDs work best in their highest ... Singapore Computer Service ... but when I went back to a previous restore ...