Re: Vista Problems

Do a system repair. it will reinstall vista(pre sp1), and leave all your
user files/programs unaffected.
The way it works is that it copies user files/folders to a space on the
hard drive then reinstalls windows, and then puts the files back.

To perform a system repair-
insert O/S disk, restart computer, hit any key at prompt to boot from
disk, go through prompts as if you were going to reinstall vista, at
partitions screen it will give option to reinstall or repair existing
installation. repair istallation.

--
rive0108

Alienware Area-51 M5790
Vista Ultimate x64 sp1
T7600G Core2 Duo 2.33 Ghz (overclocked to 2.67 GHZ)
ATI Mobility Radeon x1900 256 MB
1920x1200 WUXGA
4GB DDR2 PC5300
Blu-ray BD-RE UJ-220
HP digital Tuner express card
200 GB 7200 RPM HDD RAID 0

  • Re: Blank page - Part 2
    ... It primarily depends on whether they're running XP with SP1 integrated or XP ... > the CD I used to install WinXP. ... >> the following starting with the Repair for XP, ... A reinstall over the existing install can cause ...
  • Re: IE6SP1 download problem
    ... You *do* have a later version than SP1... ... Look for help with the Java problem at ... You could repair IE, but you will have to reinstall all updates. ...
  • NO RIBBON ON OUTLOOK 2007
    ... Have done reinstall, repair, and scan for problems, but ... still no ribbon; it looks and works like 03 version but it shows that it is ... 07 version w/ SP1. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: Outlook 2003 rules stopped working
    ... When I click on rules I get the following error message "The operation ... I have tried to repair and the ... will I have to completely remove Office and reinstall? ... and SP1 on Office. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Outlook 2003 Rules fail