backup

is there a way i can download a backup from somewhere?
or can someone send me theirs?

SOMETHING

i tried a clean install of windows vista ultimate on my vista home premium
laptop.

i deleted the old partitions and set it to install
everything goes fine until "completing installation" when it says windows
cant configure some software

so now i have no backup or restore points
and i have no operating system

  • reinstallation of winxp
    ... I am hopelessly hijacked and want to do a clean install of my winxp ... My question is how do I backup my SP2 upgrade files (that I downloaded ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Links not Working
    ... However if you do a clean install and then use over it and old backup you do not have a clean install any more. ... get an script error stating an unexpected call to method or property access. ...
  • Re: Can I use a backup of my Registry to clean up my registry?
    ... > When I did a clean install of XP, I saved the backed up the registry. ... Importing your "clean install" registry is not advisable since doing so will ... > Or can I do a comparison between the backup and the current registry to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Reinstalling Windows XP
    ... clean/pristine install that you do to a formatted system drive which is what ... clean install involves formatting only the system drive. ... I would also backup your ... Also scan any other drives on ...
  • Re: New Motherboard install
    ... do a clean install on the new drive. ... your backup and "restore" your data to the new drive. ... | MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)