Re: Problems with Windows Vista

"Kay" <Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:5603D18C-43A3-44D9-81FF-3A223E481FB2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am having problems with Vista in that it hangs up all the time, it takes
for ever to go from one internet page to another. I have downloaded the
updates from Microsoft the past couple of days and one is going now.
I have emptied all the necessary files, cookies, temporary files, etc. I
have tried to do a restore on the computer and have been told that I have not
done a restore before so I don't have a date to go back to. I HAVE done a
couple of restores, but they have disappeared for some reason.
I started having trouble 2-3 days ago after downloading new updates. Is
anyone experiencing problems with their Vista?
I also have a registry cleaner that I have used many times before with no
problems afterwards.
I need help!!!
--
Kay

Some system specifications would be nice....

  • Re: Will system Restore cancel my updates?
    ... System restore will cancel the INSTALLATION of your ... updates but not the file DOWNLOADING itself. ... If you try Winupdate after restore you will see that the updates ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Outlook Express problems after downloading WinXP updates
    ... Did you disable your A/V before downloading? ... Restore and download with your A/V off. ... Also, not all updates affect ...
  • Re: HELP!!!! UPDATES SCREWED UP COMPUTER!
    ... I just did a restore back to a time before I did the updates and now I can ... > My computer was also having issues downloading most webpages after I ... > I hope Microsoft can find what the issue is. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Restore Points Not Created
    ... BK> Troubleshooting missing restore points: ... BK> "Bruce" wrote ... While Microsoft was downloading the latest updates my connection to Comcast died and the computer hung up. ...
  • Re: Restore Question....
    ... The only thing I received when I bought this mini tower is an express service ... Are the Windows Updates listed -Start, Control Panel, Add / Remove ... About three weeks ago I tried to use the System Restore feature to ...