Re: Complete System backup

No, you don't. But, you do want to have a place to store the backup. Either on a different system, external drive, DVD's, etc... Otherwise, if the system goes down, taking the hard drives too, then your backup is gone.

But, you can backup over the network, on to DVD's, or an internal drive. Just make sure it's safe!

--

Dustin Harper
dharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
interface.
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales/help/help_en-us.htm#RateAPostAsAnswer

"Templar" <Templar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:7B061A7D-0595-419E-A399-4D481FCDFE2A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have 3 systems on a domain, SBServer 2003, Vista Business SP1, and XP Pro
SP3. There is a total of 1.2 TB of combined Internal storage. Plenty of
room for a complete system backup. Do I have to buy an external drive to get
the backup?

Reluctant Earthling

  • Re: Offline defrag
    ... I'm not sure I'd bother doing offline defrag. ... create a new Store 1 and move all the users from Store 2 and then ... however I have been going through the event and checking the database size ... If BLB reports corrupt item, it indicates problem with backup software, ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: SP3 disk space recovery?
    ... Ron Hardin wrote: ... Empty your Temporary Internet Files and shrink the size it stores ... SP3 created backup automatically? ... Or is the SP3-created backup something it doesn't deal with? ...
  • RE: SBS 2003 Backup
    ... System State and Exchange 2003 store into one backup: ... '820272 Backup Operation Fails When You Back Up Exchange Server 2003 ... Store respectively. ... Click "Administrative Groups". ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Backup Wizard proper configuration Help
    ... Microsoft Information Store in NTBackup. ... need to manually exclude the MDBDATA folder or Microsoft Information Store ... current Backup configuration. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SP3 disk space recovery?
    ... Ron Hardin wrote: ... You can control how much space your System Restore can use... ... SP3 created backup automatically? ... Or is the SP3-created backup something it doesn't deal with? ...