Re: directX only recognise 3326mb

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 18:38:57 -0500, tr3 <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

can somebody can fix my problem here,im using 4gb ram but the the
directx only recognise just 3326mb.in the same time,bios and windows
showing 4gb,plz help me and tell me how to solve this problem:cry:

All 32-bit versions of Windows (not just Vista) have a 4GB address
space. That's the theoretical upper limit beyond which you can not go.
But you can't use the entire 4GB of address space. Even though you
have a 4GB address space, you can only use *around* 3.1GB of RAM.
That's because some of that space is used by hardware and is not
available to the operating system and applications. The amount you can
use varies, depending on what hardware you have installed, but can
range from as little as 2GB to as much as 3.5GB. It's usually around
3.1GB.

Note that the hardware is using the address *space*, not the actual
RAM itself. The rest of the RAM goes unused because there is no
address space to map it too.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
.