Re: Speed problem with Intel Q6600 (Quad Core) and Ultimate 64-Bit

I know that Vista 64 will recognize all that memory and more...Your motherboard supports 8 gigs of memory so yes you are good there...I would assume it will work with all those programs as well but to be certain I would definitely check there respective websites.. Also possible peruse there forums for any possible bugs that there might be and ways you can get around any you might have... Sorry I was probably not all the help you need.. I wish you best of luck .. Enjoy that system as I have greatly enjoyed mine !!

"gggmestizo" <gggmestizo.39u7bf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:gggmestizo.39u7bf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Drew:

Thanks for your message.It's very helpful.

I still have some questions. Maybe you can help me again.

Does Vista recognize all 4 Gb memory?

Does it work with photoshop cs3, coreldraw x4, finale, adobe audition
cs3, macromedia suite, and software like this?

German

Drew;3754589 Wrote:
I have the same processor ..same board same amount of ram and 3 ATI
3870s, I
have been running Vista business for well over a year ,,system is
screaming
fast and rock solid !! great motherboard and processor combo !!

http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=49944

--
gggmestizo
gggmestizo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=49944
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=758425

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: Speed problem with Intel Q6600 (Quad Core) and Ultimate 64-Bit
    ... motherboard supports 8 gigs of memory so yes you are good there...I ... Does Vista recognize all 4 Gb memory? ... have been running Vista business for well over a year,,system is ...
  • Re: Vista x64 Memory Problem
    ... Presumably your motherboard is a Foxconn N68S7AA-8EKRS2H. ... It supports dual channel memory, and for this to work the memory must be installed in matched pairs of DIMMs. ... The latest BIOS for that motherboard is from April last year, so yours probably has it installed already if it is only a month old. ... I'm very new to vista ) - and I have a real problem I can't seem ...
  • Re: 2GB problem with Intel motherboard
    ... Intel motherboards are very particular on the kind of memory that can be ... motherboard, no matter how many combinations you try, you'll get ... You should have no trouble with 2GB on XP or Vista 32-bit. ...
    (comp.sys.intel)
  • Re: Event Viewer - "unexpected shutdowns"
    ... be advised I ran the 'repair' options within the last two weeks a few times by booting from the Vista CD. ... The memory diagnostic tool ran cleanly - as reported during the test and after the reboot - nothing to report. ... The attempted chkdsk from the command prompt reported that I did not have the privilege & advised I had to run in 'elevated mode' - I had never heard or read such a term & have been a PC enthusiast since Windows 3.0 from 1990. ... PS - I should add that upon rebooting after an unexpected shutdown - Vista asks if Safe Mode is desired during rebooting. ...