Re: Flash Drive being used as regular RAM or Readyboost

On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 01:17:20 -0500, Mike Lewis
<guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I AM NEW HERE AND HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO FIND HOW TO ACTIVATE MY FLASH

Please don't yell at us. We can hear you if type normally, in mixed
case.

DRIVE MEMORY TO BE USED AS REGULAR RAM

No, that's not possible.

([/B]- I READ I COULD SOME PLACE
AND PURCHASED A 8 GIG SD FLASH USB- ) *OR AS A READYBOOST AND WOULD LIKE
TO TRY IT OUT INSTEAD OF BUYING AND INSTALLING RAM (* -CURRENTLY AT 1
GIG RAM- [B]) IN TO MY LAP TOP. ANY IDEAS WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED AS
WELL AS ANY IDEA'S ON HOW USING MY FLASH DRIVE TO ENHANCE MY SYSTEM.

You're thinking of ReadyBoost. You can use it as ReadyBoost, but
that's not the same as using it as regular RAM.

In my experience, ReadyBoost helps only on computers with less
than 2GB of RAM. And since my recommendation is that any Vista
computer with less than 2GB should be upgraded to at least 2GB, I
think ReadyBoost is essentially useless.

Your money is better spent on more RAM than on a ReadyBoost device.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
.