Re: net view error 58

It seems to be showing now, I don't know why the delay

cheers

"Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:e5Cl9P2WKHA.220@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks, I can see the NAS with this utility but still can not see it in Networks, how do I fix this?

"Jack [MVP-Networking]" <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OoNOhK0WKHA.3404@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi
Download this free util. run it. You would see every thing that is on the Network and its Shares.
http://www.softperfect.com/products/networkscanner/
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:u3S40%23yWKHA.844@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For some reason I am unable to see the network icon for my NAS in Networks, I can see other computers and can access them ok, someone suggested to go to cmd and type net view but when I do I get "system error 58 has occurred" the specified server cannot perform the requested operation.

Thanks

  • [Full-disclosure] P2P as a new spam medium, moving from PoC to full operations
    ... Spam on P2P networks used to be mainly with advertising inside downloaded ... of concept trial to a full spread of spam, day in, day out. ... Using P2P is just the latest in a long line of mediums, ... and even inside directories for download. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Networking over mains cables
    ... firewall, and if so, what it does. ... people's networks. ... Why download onto my computer?? ... first port of call by the police. ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.networking)
  • Re: Eschew
    ... and file areas where you could upload or download files. ... BBSs were connected by networks -- Fidonet technology was the most popular ... the offline readers were far more sophisticated than anything we have ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Troubleshooting the network connection speed
    ... an idea what is going on with my networks... ... The remote machine is in another country, ... But it doesn't want to get back up to 20Mbps, which is the max download ... To test the local link, I opened 15-20 random youtube links ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: more downloads??
    ... Changing the maximum number of connections beyond two is a violation of Internet standards; Microsoft does not recommended this procedure for use outside closed networks. ... > "Humpfries" wrote in message ... >> Everytime I try to download, I can only download 2 files from the internet ...