Re: can't reply to newsgroup

I have tyried everything that you mentioned. I trieed to download the driver and it acted like it was downloading until the end and then nothing happened. I got through the "do you want to run" and I said yes. It showed that it was downloading but then ...nothing. I can't find it anywhere on my computer and when I tried to save it, I was told that I don't have permission. Restore was unsuccessful. No wireless shows on Device manager. I even removed the card cover, verified that it was seated and not dirty/dusty. And here is the latest. At some time during the last 24 hours, I have done something that made a difference. The internet button on the front is now Blue. Still no wireless internet. I am still using ethernet. I have been trying to keep notes of my adventure. Below is what my notes say. I hope I don't leave anything out.

At Start menu, control panel>connect to network>manage networks I get the following message" The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements for the network" What does that mean? I don't think that I changed something like that.

The network that I am on is through Comcast and there is a wireless router and two computters running off of it. The other computer isn't having these problems.

I was trying to download a wi-fi card from HP after the one from the link that you gave me didn't download. (By the way, thank you)

Then I got a message stating "Wireless security settings on this computer so not match the settings on "USR5461" I know that that is our network name. How could these changes have been changed? And how do I change them back? I used my roommates computer and got all the information including method, encryption and pass phrase. now I don't know where to the information.

I have one more question and I will leave you guys alone for at least the rest of the evening....
During my browsing last night I came across an article concerning a wireless key vault. Is this a good idea? The website I was guided to is: download.cnet.com/wirelesskeyview/3000-2092-4-106114187.html
Thanks again for all of your help. I'm sure if you give me enough time, I can figure out something else on this thing that has me shaking my head.

"Malke" <malke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:up$qO$iKKHA.1340@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Piksi wrote:

Now I am having the following appear when I try to reply:

The host 'mail.comcast.net' could not be found. Please verify that you
have entered the server name correctly.
Account: 'mail.comcast.net (3)', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol:
POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
0x800CCC0D

I haven't changed anything. Does anyone know how to denter the setver name
correctly? Small steps please. I am a little lost.

Hello, Piksi - You're having quite a bit of trouble with your computer! I'm
keeping a lookout in the other thread for your testing results about the
wireless.

The outgoing server information for Comcast outgoing email is wrong.

It should be Outgoing Mail:
smtp.comcast.net
Server requires authentication - use the same settings as my incoming mail
server
Under Server Port Numbers use Port 587.

Malke
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: Thinking out loud....
    ... create their own private P2P network which only consists of whoever is ... which is a server program operated by the entity wishing to ... download the DLLs it needs as it needs them. ... we have a few too many file-sharing applications with no real open standards ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: Wireless Network Issue - SBS2K3 - Configuration and / or Topol
    ... I am quietly confident that moving the SBS to ... and the SBS is the DHCP/DNS server - but everything else in my house is ... wireless and it works fine. ... cause is incorrect network configuration and / or hardware topology. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Problem with ISA, I think ...
    ... wireless access to the LAN (on my end I'd join the computer to the domain ... An additional Network card in the server will also be required for the ... Guest VLAN, and ISA 2004 needs to be installed on the Server, which I ... Antenna Guide at D-Link shows that the antenna below will work with the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Wireless Network Issue - SBS2K3 - Configuration and / or Topology
    ... The core problem is unreliable wireless connectivity. ... cause is incorrect network configuration and / or hardware topology. ... I have a single NIC SBS2K3 Premium server with 5 clients and one ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Connecting Vista to SBS2003 (cannot run nshelp.exe after kb926505)
    ... up a computer on the network as a client computer as part of the domain. ... We are able to see the server drives ... "When you are prompted to download nshelp.exe, click Run, and then ... I am trying to install Amicus attorney v over on the network. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)