Re: Wireless Network not connected - but it is?!!

Hi
Some Router are Not compatible with Vista. May be yours is one of them.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932134
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928233
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"EngineerShorty" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:e93cd85b8a6fa1ab852a208e1411e426@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm having the exact same problem on my desktop PC.

I've included screenshots to demonstrate the problem. The name of my
network is Shorty, which is the same as the name of my desktop PC, which
is having this issue. If you look at CantFindNetworks.jpg (attached),
you'll see that Windows says it can't find any networks to connect to.
However, my computer is ALREADY connected to the network and the
internet, and I am having no issues in any other software (web browsers,
chat clients, etc all work just fine, despite the message that I am Not
Connected to Any Networks).

In addition to my desktop PC, I also have a laptop. My laptop has no
problems, and it is connected to the same network (though wirelessly ILO
by ethernet). I did a network map from each system at the same time,
and as you can see, the Desktop network map shows a problem between my
router and the internet, but my laptop does not show any problem. The
laptop represents what actually seems to be happening. So why is this
getting so screwed up?

It wouldn't be a problem, except that certain Windows programs (most
notably media sharing) will not work because they believe the 'Not
Attached to Networks' thing. Web browsers, chat clients, windows
update, etc don't appear to pay any attention to this problem. Please
help me out with any ideas.

|Filename: CantFindNetworks.jpg |
|Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15285|

EngineerShorty