Re: Vista Workgroup help!

Check the network properties list in each of the WinXP systems for a component
called the Link-Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) Responder. If the LLTD
Responder component is not installed on the Windows XP-based computers they
won't be seen in Vista's Network Map.

Here's a link to an MS fix for the WinXP systems. Note, if they are up to SP3,
the downloadable version (v5) probably won't to anything, so then simply request
the hotfix patch (v6) and apply to all WinXP-SP3 systems.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120

Good luck!

"bigdeps" <bigdeps.3xlrs4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

bigdeps;1545313 Wrote:
SO we bought a new dell with vista 32 biz on it. We have a workgroup
comprised of 4 xp machines. One of them is the "server" basically a
share that we use to run a program on all the clients. They are all
networked with a cisco 8 port switch. There is no domain in this setup
either just the switch and the other pc's. I can not get the vista pc
onto the workgroup. The switch shows no link light from the new pc and
the pc acts like there is no cable plugged in. I'm sure all the hardware
is working too.

Any ideas??

Thanks!
Cables have been replaced and another device works there.

Thanks

--
bigdeps