Re: Vista Workgroup help!

Check the network properties list in each of the WinXP systems for a component
called the Link-Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) Responder. If the LLTD
Responder component is not installed on the Windows XP-based computers they
won't be seen in Vista's Network Map.

Here's a link to an MS fix for the WinXP systems. Note, if they are up to SP3,
the downloadable version (v5) probably won't to anything, so then simply request
the hotfix patch (v6) and apply to all WinXP-SP3 systems.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120

Good luck!

"bigdeps" <bigdeps.3xlrs4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

bigdeps;1545313 Wrote:
SO we bought a new dell with vista 32 biz on it. We have a workgroup
comprised of 4 xp machines. One of them is the "server" basically a
share that we use to run a program on all the clients. They are all
networked with a cisco 8 port switch. There is no domain in this setup
either just the switch and the other pc's. I can not get the vista pc
onto the workgroup. The switch shows no link light from the new pc and
the pc acts like there is no cable plugged in. I'm sure all the hardware
is working too.

Any ideas??

Thanks!
Cables have been replaced and another device works there.

Thanks

--
bigdeps

  • Re: Network Vista and XP Pro
    ... This partch to install LLTD ... in XP is not ncecessary to put the XP machine into the Vista ... networking folder named "Network". ... include XP in Vista's graphic map of the network". ...
  • Re: Is the LLTD responder required on XP SP3
    ... the network topology section of Vista's Network Map. ... LLTD install on the XP PCs. ...
  • Re: Network Vista to XP
    ... Check the network properties list in the WinXP systems for a component called ... If the LLTD Responder ... Here's a link to an MS fix for the WinXP systems. ... I have two pc's with xp networked to my vista pc, ...
  • Re: Connecting Vista to XP Network
    ... Check the network properties list in each of the WinXP systems for a component ... Here's a link to an MS fix for the WinXP systems. ... Vista Premium machine to an existing MSHome Network serving XP computers. ... the Vista computer cannot 'see' the XP machines. ...
  • Networking Vista ultimate and XP home SP3
    ... I tried installing the LLTD onto my XP machine but got the message that it ... was not going to load because the file on my machine was up to date and ... I still cannot get the network to work. ... XP machine and Vista machine both access the internet using the network to ...