Re: connect to 2 networks at the same time?

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 19:29:23 -0500, Charlie Hoffpauir
<invalid@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here are some web sites that describe how to set up wireless security
on the WRT54G:

Use WPA2 security if available, otherwise use WPA. The older WEP
security is much less secure.

If you have problems or questions, please post a message with details,
and someone can help.

Thanks for the information. I checked out the sites, and they both
seem easy to follow, however they both refer to use of the WRT54G as a
router. I'll have some time tomorrow to experiment, so I'll set up the
router (as a router) attached to my primary computer, following the
instructions on the web site, then reconnect is as an AP and see if I
still have WAP security.

You're welcome, Charlie. The security setup is the same whether it's
being used as a router or an access point. Look for WPA2 or WPA
Best Wishes,
Steve Winograd, MS-MVP (Windows Desktop Experience)