Re: connect to 2 networks at the same time?

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 19:29:23 -0500, Charlie Hoffpauir
<invalid@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here are some web sites that describe how to set up wireless security
on the WRT54G:

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/networks/aptnet/linksys/index.html
http://vectrosecurity.com/content/view/48/26/

Use WPA2 security if available, otherwise use WPA. The older WEP
security is much less secure.

If you have problems or questions, please post a message with details,
and someone can help.

Steve,

Thanks for the information. I checked out the sites, and they both
seem easy to follow, however they both refer to use of the WRT54G as a
router. I'll have some time tomorrow to experiment, so I'll set up the
router (as a router) attached to my primary computer, following the
instructions on the web site, then reconnect is as an AP and see if I
still have WAP security.

You're welcome, Charlie. The security setup is the same whether it's
being used as a router or an access point. Look for WPA2 or WPA
security.
--
Best Wishes,
Steve Winograd, MS-MVP (Windows Desktop Experience)

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

  • Re: A home computer is a forensic evidence room
    ... A security plan that first covers recovery, and data protection is key. ... Anyone within range of your wireless transmission could connect to your network and use it or capture your computing sessions. ... reset the wireless router to factory: press and hold reset 20 seconds. ...
    (alt.2600)
  • Re: summarize for you if I may...
    ... > in administration and security, ... If so, take the basic steps, WPA, strong ... > passwords including special characters, ... changing the password on the router buys ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: FC6 Wireless Madwifi Network Manager WPA
    ... Is network Manager working with madwifi-ng driver and WPA ... I can conect to my router with no security with Fedora, ... Is anyone having problems with starting it, as I am trying to use wpa2 security. ...
    (Fedora)
  • RE: Cant enter 2 XP machines into a Workgroup
    ... Firewalls like NIS modify Windows own security files. ... If a comsumer level router like those of Linksys and Netgear ...
  • Re: Wireless intrusion - WPA and TKIP cracked with ease
    ... model number of ALL your wireless hardware. ... unpatched security holes in your unspecified router and firmware. ... protocols to select, but on a different page, had an encryption on/off ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)