Re: Vista Workgroup help!

bigdeps;1545313 Wrote:
SO we bought a new dell with vista 32 biz on it. We have a workgroup
comprised of 4 xp machines. One of them is the "server" basically a
share that we use to run a program on all the clients. They are all
networked with a cisco 8 port switch. There is no domain in this setup
either just the switch and the other pc's. I can not get the vista pc
onto the workgroup. The switch shows no link light from the new pc and
the pc acts like there is no cable plugged in. I'm sure all the hardware
is working too.

Any ideas??

Thanks!
Cables have been replaced and another device works there.

Thanks

--
bigdeps

  • Re: Audio CODEC choices
    ... server to each client. ... the network (clients seeing the same "program" simply participate ... If missed packets are The Exception instead of The Rule, ... and the switch will send directly to the desired link. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Domain Controller Stops Processing All Login Requests Randomly
    ... > control the clients and shutdown a bunch of machines at once or turn them ... >>> machines simultaneously that are Deep Freeze clients. ... the server exhibited the same behaviour. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: XP clients do not appear in Collections
    ... You may have to enable logging on your server through the Tools - Service ... XP machines were not discovered until I created a collection ... .ddr file on clients. ... >> What discovery method did you enable? ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: SBS2008 - GP Printers Disappearing
    ... I'm going to try the switch and patch cord change outs today. ... That this is a new server is, for me at least, new info, and as such I suggest you run the SBS BPA and fix anything it finds. ... server that all clients see at the same time and things are timing out ... printers disappear) and when it happens to one user it's happening ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Mail sync - Evolution and Outlook
    ... > Sync Outlook with IMAP server before travelling. ... > seen / tried before to keep two machines in sync. ... automatic routines in modern mail clients. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)