Re: Vista Workgroup help!

"bigdeps" <bigdeps.3xlp03@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:bigdeps.3xlp03@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SO we bought a new dell with vista 32 biz on it. We have a workgroup
comprised of 4 xp machines. One of them is the "server" basically a
share that we use to run a program on all the clients. They are all
networked with a cisco 8 port switch. There is no domain in this setup
either just the switch and the other pc's. I can not get the vista pc
onto the workgroup. The switch shows no link light from the new pc and
the pc acts like there is no cable plugged in. I'm sure all the hardware
is working too.

Any ideas??

Bad port or cable.

  • Re: Vista Workgroup help!
    ... Maybe this can Help, the following page was written for Win XP, the menu location in Vista are different but the principle is the same. ... Jack. ... networked with a cisco 8 port switch. ... either just the switch and the other pc's. ...
  • Re: A 5-port 100Mbps Ethernet switch that works with SBS 2003 and
    ... When I disabled the LAN NIC on SBS, ... So, please guys, it's the switch causing the problem. ... to work with Vista? ... Gigabit NICs built into the motherboard. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Vista can not see XP
    ... fix was as simple as changing the Workgroup name on the new Vista laptop. ... "WORKGROUP" is the default network ... I need some help with networking Vista and XP. ... I am not able to access the Dell XP computer from the HP Vista desktop. ...
  • Re: Vista and slow transfers over the network
    ... You mentioned a switch in there. ... If it's ok put it back in the Vista machine. ... And the transfer rate on the server is 90MB/sec and write is about half of ... same WD drives. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Re: CPU Utilization - Xbox 360 Extender Vista Media Center
    ... default on my mce 2005 and disabled by default on Vista... ... for 10 Mbps video content), it's still being sent to the switch at 1 Gbps, ... while also recording, the high CPU utilization causes choppy ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)