Re: Problems with a shared printer

"yaro137" <yaro137@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:472fc97d-4fd5-47be-b1be-c49b59175a31@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've got 2 Vista laptops. Both on Home Premium. One of them is sharing
a usb Lexmark 8300 printer. The other one can see the shared resources
and connect to that printer but it can't print. No error messages
whatsoever. After printing a test page I can see number 1 next to the
printer status but when I double click the printer the print job is
not there. Both the computers are in the same workgroup. Both have
Printer Sharing enabled in Network and Sharing Center. On the computer
that's sharing the printer the Everyone group was given full access.
All paper set to A4 on both of them. Any ideas?
yaro

I don't think it's the answer, but you should only have Printer Sharing
enabled on the machine that physically has the printer connected to it.

  • Re: What is difference?
    ... the Server service there will be no File and Printer Sharing at all, ... service will be unavailable on any network connections or network ... You don't need the Server service to browse other computers, ... In default windows configuration only Shared Documents folder shared for LAN ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Win XP and Win 98 File sharing
    ... I have a Win98 network with several computers. ... Netbeui handles file and printer sharing. ... "File and Printer Sharing" are UNBOUND from the TCP/IP protocol. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: What is difference?
    ... the Server service there will be no File and Printer Sharing at all, ... service will be unavailable on any network connections or network ... Server service is disabled. ... You don't need the Server service to browse other computers, that is why you can browse and use resources on other computers, but they can't browse and use the resources on your computer unless the Server service is running on *your* computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: What is difference?
    ... the Server service there will be no File and Printer Sharing at all, ... service will be unavailable on any network connections or network ... I can print and browse other LAN computers ... In default windows configuration only Shared Documents folder shared for LAN ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Problem after upgrading to SP2
    ... Did you check to see if all the computers are part of the same ... network - not too sure it the Windows Firewall has this, as I use ZA Pro, ... > The new firewall blocks file and printer sharing and pinging by default. ... > should now, by default, be set only for the local subnet, i.e. your LAN on ...