Re: Can't Print From Vista Laptop to Printer on XP Desktop

I am having the same problem with my Vista laptop and XP desktop and an
HP Officejet J5780. I follow the process described but I cannot use the
\ to put in my computer name so I used /. This still did not work. I
tried downloading the drivers for Vista 64 from HP to my desktop, which
seemed to work, but when I go to share the printer and select the
additional driver, I do not see the driver.

Can someone help?

thanks
scot

--
scot
scot's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/128006.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: ASUS P5GD2 Marvell Yukon 88E8053 gigabit ethernet not detected/loaded
    ... On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 13:37 -0500, Scot L. Harris wrote: ... This did install the driver and I was able to configure it and get ... Try checking the paths next time because a simple change to the header ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Problem with sharing a printer in VISTA
    ... This Vista print subsystem is really quirky and the messages so indescriptive you don't know what to do. ... You might call your pc maker I think they are your first level of support and it should be free if you just bought your pcs within a year, but they usually refer you to the printer maker as having a driver issue, but it may prove fruitful talking to both anyway. ... >>> Maybe instead of add local printer try add network printer see if it ... >>> your using a vista laptop trying to connect to a XP pc's printer. ...
  • Korg Nano/ Windows 2000/ USB driver compromise?
    ... I bought the tiny Korg Nano USB keyboard. ... Vista laptop and Reason, but would like to be able to use it with my ... A dedicated driver isn't supplied, ...
    (comp.music.midi)
  • RE: Shared printer connection problem
    ... Vista laptop to share this printer, and it could not install it. ... downloaded the printer driver onto the laptop just fine so I could use the ...
  • Re: Help with D-Link WiFi PCMCIA card needed!
    ... > Scot L. Harris wrote: ... > Yes, this is european version only, it's available in Europe only... ... The prism54 driver worked for it. ...
    (Fedora)