Re: Unidentified network

Hi
Check/adjust the Wireless from scratch.
Disable the security in the Wireless Router, and make sure that the Wireless card is configured correctly.
This page was written for Win XP, menu locations are different in Vista but you can apply the principle.
http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"jonnytrekkie" <jonnytrekkie.3xa6na@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:jonnytrekkie.3xa6na@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So yesterday I lost connection thinking it was the laptop i tried
switching off the wireless card and deleting teh settings however it did
not help. I only realised i had just lost connection completely. Now
every time i connect i get unidentified ntework limited connectivity. I
really need the internet.

--
jonnytrekkie
jonnytrekkie's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/127206.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Sends to queue but wont print
    ... I am using a small networkDell 9100 with dlink dwl-G650 wireless card, ... 624 wireless router, a DP-101P+ pocket size print server along with a ... I tried the local port with tcp and generic card. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: Laptop works fine at work, Gets BSOD at home on bootup.
    ... xxx.sys file listed on the BSOD screen just memory address ... He uses a wireless router at home. ... The wireless card is active and shows no faults and is set to DHCP. ... have them enable the wifi device. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Best choice for wireless router
    ... > ray wrote: ... Looks allot easier to find one then I ever ... >> the wireless router is not going to matter - what matters is the ... >> selection of wireless card to use with linux. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: keeping nosy neighbor off my wi-fi
    ... a lot of people recommend this and for the life of me I've ... > address on their wireless card to whatever they want, ... I also like the idea of enabling WEP. ... now are how do I change my wireless router to only except MAC ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: reinstalled XP, cant get to Internet, all TCP/IP and DHCP settings are fine?
    ... I figured I may as well do a fresh reinstall of XP and start ... wireless card, and all the others. ... Wireless card connects to my wireless router, ... friendly tech support person troubleshoots problem, ...