Re: Sharing fails with VMware machine

Posting the results of ipconfig /all on both computers may help.

--
Bob Lin, Microsoft-MVP, MCSE & CNE

"James" <Ijames@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%233NA$kMIKHA.6068@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I run VMware and install a Windows XP machine inside it. The Vista machine
is defined in a domain but contains also some networking card connected into
another lan.
When I try to share some folder in the XP virtual machine with the Vista
host machine I can't. The oposite direction dosn't work either-I can't share
any folder in the Vista host machine.
On the other hand sharing works fine in both direction when I use another XP
machine on the local lan. This XP can share folders even in the virtual
machine inside the VMware.
Can some help please?
Regards
James

  • Re: You could not stop sharing the selected folder
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ... "You could not stop sharing the selected folder." ...
  • Re: Disabling the network balloon
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ... folder to my F: drive. ...
  • Re: problem in share vista
    ... Let us focus on joining domain first. ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... That when I Would Share any folder in desktop or documents ...
  • Re: Ping renders wrong address
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ... I am in a Win2003 Server enviroment with about 70 XP clients. ...
  • Re: Ping renders wrong address
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ... Lee Morgenstein ...