Re: Event ID 1003 - DHCP Client Lease Validity

"Sinner" <sinner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha escrit al missatge:h6f5lb$6r6$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Wao" <wao@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:AEB2C311-02D7-4E8D-B5B7-B2CD669C3A5F@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I really don't know what else to try so I can readily connect to the Internet after waking up the computer from the sleep mode. It's almost always "Local Only"--it seldom gets online after the sleep mode. Re-booting the network card usually solves the problem but that's kind of annoying.

I even tried uninstalling the antivirus (Avast 4.8 Free) like the ISP suggested but that didn't help either. Maybe, should I change one of the following settings in the BIOS?

Suspend Mode [S3 only]
ACPI 2.0 Support [Enabled]
ACPI APIC support [Enabled]

The power box says:

PC CASE 460W
+3.3V 14A
+5V 20A
+12V 16A
-5V 0.5A
-12V 0.8A
+5VSB 2A
ATX2.03(P4)

The computer is a:

Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack 2 32 bits
Intel(R) Pentium (R) Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.40GHz
4.00 GB of RAM
Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

The motherboard is an ASUS P5KPL-AM SE with an integrated Realtek RTL810EL, 10/100.

Any help will be welcome.

"Wao" <wao@xxxxxxxxx> ha escrit al missatge:47C5CB7C-0C29-4493-8FA2-8BFEB79CEC57@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Almost every time I wake up my MS Vista desktop computer (with all updates, SP2+) from the sleep mode (S3) I get a "Local Only" connection, so I cannot use the Internet until I reboot the computer or reset the network card (or ipconfig /release / renew).

I can see the following entry in the system log every time this happens:

---
Event Details
Product:
Windows Operating System

ID:
1003

Source:
Microsoft-Windows-DHCP-Client

Version:
6.0

Symbolic Name:
EVENT_FAILED_TO_RENEW

Message:
Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP server) for the network adapter with MAC address ###. The following error occurred:
###. Your computer will continue trying to obtain an address on its own from the DHCP server.
---

What should I do in order to solve this problem? I've tried many things like disabling the power management for the network card or resetting the Windows Firewall but none of them worked.

Thank you!

Again, have you tried assigning a static IP address to your network card?

Sir, my ISP assigns me a dynamic IP so I tried assigning the default gateway IP to my network card. This did not solve my problem. Is that what you were referring to?

.