Re: Event ID 1003 - DHCP Client Lease Validity

"Wao" <wao@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I really don't know what else to try so I can readily connect to the
Internet after waking up the computer from the sleep mode. It's almost
always "Local Only"--it seldom gets online after the sleep mode. Re-booting
the network card usually solves the problem but that's kind of annoying.

I even tried uninstalling the antivirus (Avast 4.8 Free) like the ISP
suggested but that didn't help either. Maybe, should I change one of the
following settings in the BIOS?

Suspend Mode [S3 only]
ACPI 2.0 Support [Enabled]
ACPI APIC support [Enabled]

The power box says:

PC CASE 460W
+3.3V 14A
+5V 20A
+12V 16A
-5V 0.5A
-12V 0.8A
+5VSB 2A
ATX2.03(P4)

The computer is a:

Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack 2 32 bits
Intel(R) Pentium (R) Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.40GHz
4.00 GB of RAM
Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

The motherboard is an ASUS P5KPL-AM SE with an integrated Realtek
RTL810EL, 10/100.

Any help will be welcome.

"Wao" <wao@xxxxxxxxx> ha escrit al
missatge:47C5CB7C-0C29-4493-8FA2-8BFEB79CEC57@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Almost every time I wake up my MS Vista desktop computer (with all
updates, SP2+) from the sleep mode (S3) I get a "Local Only" connection,
so I cannot use the Internet until I reboot the computer or reset the
network card (or ipconfig /release / renew).

I can see the following entry in the system log every time this happens:

---
Event Details
Product:
Windows Operating System

ID:
1003

Source:
Microsoft-Windows-DHCP-Client

Version:
6.0

Symbolic Name:
EVENT_FAILED_TO_RENEW

Message:
Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from
the DHCP server) for the network adapter with MAC address ###. The
following error occurred:
###. Your computer will continue trying to obtain an address on its own
from the DHCP server.
---

What should I do in order to solve this problem? I've tried many things
like disabling the power management for the network card or resetting the
Windows Firewall but none of them worked.

Thank you!

Again, have you tried assigning a static IP address to your network card?

  • cant ping 172.0.0.1 or static ip address on local pear to pear net
    ... Hi, my computer is windows xp pro, with static ip of 192.168.0.4 and subnet ... When i ping 172.0.0.1 i sometimes get destination host unreachable, ... I have windows firewall turned off and am using norton internet security ... I tried putting a pci network card in to fix the problem but with no success. ...
  • I cant ping 172.0.0.1 or the static ip address on the local networ
    ... Hi, my computer is windows xp pro, with static ip of 192.168.0.4 and subnet ... When i ping 172.0.0.1 i sometimes get destination host unreachable, ... I have windows firewall turned off and am using norton internet security ... I tried putting a pci network card in to fix the problem but with no success. ...
  • Re: Event ID 1003 - DHCP Client Lease Validity
    ... Internet after waking up the computer from the sleep mode. ... It's almost always "Local Only"--it seldom gets online after the sleep mode. ... Re-booting the network card usually solves the problem but that's kind of annoying. ... "Wao" ha escrit al missatge:47C5CB7C-0C29-4493-8FA2-8BFEB79CEC57@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
  • RE: Internet connection via 2nd network card without ISA
    ... I understand that one of your client computer accesses Internet very slow ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... Internet connection via 2nd network card without ISA ... >I have tried setting the DNS to that of the server ip 10.0.0.2 but won't ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Fanless or near fanless PC 2014 ? (sub 5 watts)
    ... network card it will actually turn the PC on from sleep mode ?! ... Windows feature I can find that might have to do with it and it still ... Windows cannot turn itself on in the middle of the night, the EFI BIOS ...
    (sci.electronics.design)