Re: Event ID 1003 — DHCP Client Lease Validity

I really don't know what else to try so I can readily connect to the Internet after waking up the computer from the sleep mode. It's almost always "Local Only"--it seldom gets online after the sleep mode. Re-booting the network card usually solves the problem but that's kind of annoying.

I even tried uninstalling the antivirus (Avast 4.8 Free) like the ISP suggested but that didn't help either. Maybe, should I change one of the following settings in the BIOS?

Suspend Mode [S3 only]
ACPI 2.0 Support [Enabled]
ACPI APIC support [Enabled]

The power box says:

PC CASE 460W
+3.3V 14A
+5V 20A
+12V 16A
-5V 0.5A
-12V 0.8A
+5VSB 2A
ATX2.03(P4)

The computer is a:

Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack 2 32 bits
Intel(R) Pentium (R) Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.40GHz
4.00 GB of RAM
Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

The motherboard is an ASUS P5KPL-AM SE with an integrated Realtek RTL810EL, 10/100.

Any help will be welcome.

"Wao" <wao@xxxxxxxxx> ha escrit al missatge:47C5CB7C-0C29-4493-8FA2-8BFEB79CEC57@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Almost every time I wake up my MS Vista desktop computer (with all updates, SP2+) from the sleep mode (S3) I get a "Local Only" connection, so I cannot use the Internet until I reboot the computer or reset the network card (or ipconfig /release / renew).

I can see the following entry in the system log every time this happens:

---
Event Details
Product:
Windows Operating System

ID:
1003

Source:
Microsoft-Windows-DHCP-Client

Version:
6.0

Symbolic Name:
EVENT_FAILED_TO_RENEW

Message:
Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP server) for the network adapter with MAC address ###. The following error occurred:
###. Your computer will continue trying to obtain an address on its own from the DHCP server.
---

What should I do in order to solve this problem? I've tried many things like disabling the power management for the network card or resetting the Windows Firewall but none of them worked.

Thank you!

.