Re: Internet Explorer Cannot Resolve Domain Names RESOLVED

Thank you for the update.

--
Bob Lin, Microsoft-MVP, MCSE & CNE

"Richard F" <richardf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OhstHdyHKHA.4376@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Turned out it was the anti-virus software.

--
Richard F

"Richard F" <richardf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23cQPtOlHKHA.3000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a peculiar problem with Vista where Internet Explorer (initially 7 but tried with 8 as well) cannot resolve domain names, but nslookup and ping can. If I use nslookup to find the IP address of a web server and type that as the URL the web page is displayed.

--
Richard F

  • Re: Ping renders wrong address
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ... I am in a Win2003 Server enviroment with about 70 XP clients. ...
  • Re: Ping renders wrong address
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ... Lee Morgenstein ...
  • Re: Vista cannot connect to 2003 server
    ... Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ...
  • Re: BROWERS STOP WORKING
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ...
  • Re: Vista cannot connect to 2003 server
    ... NSLookup looks right to me ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ...