Re: Event ID 1003 - DHCP Client Lease Validity

"Sinner" <sinner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha escrit al missatge:h67qcd$745$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Wao" <wao@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:47C5CB7C-0C29-4493-8FA2-8BFEB79CEC57@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Almost every time I wake up my MS Vista desktop computer (with all updates, SP2+) from the sleep mode (S3) I get a "Local Only" connection, so I cannot use the Internet until I reboot the computer or reset the network card (or ipconfig /release / renew).

I can see the following entry in the system log every time this happens:

---
Event Details
Product:
Windows Operating System

ID:
1003

Source:
Microsoft-Windows-DHCP-Client

Version:
6.0

Symbolic Name:
EVENT_FAILED_TO_RENEW

Message:
Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP server) for the network adapter with MAC address ###. The following error occurred:
###. Your computer will continue trying to obtain an address on its own from the DHCP server.
---

What should I do in order to solve this problem? I've tried many things like disabling the power management for the network card or resetting the Windows Firewall but none of them worked.

Have you tried just giving your NIC a fixed IP address? Works for my computers, but then I never let my machines go to sleep. They're either on or off. No sleep or hibernation for my machines.

Will this work when my ISP assigns me a dynamic IP? Or perhaps, should I use the IP value for the default gateway which always seems to be the same value?

The only difference between an Ipconfig /all when the Internet is running fine and running the same command after waking the computer up ("local only") is that there's no value for the default gateway in the 6TO4 Adapter. I tried disabling the IPv6 for this connection but this doesn't seem to be the cause either.

  • Re: No Internetconnection after sleep mode
    ... >could not make any connection to the internet. ... >installed the network card again and reapplied network settings. ... >sleep mode. ...
  • Re: Connection Works in Safemode but not in normal Windows
    ... Internet, but I did not fix the problem. ... infected and was killing the connection. ... We uninstalled the network card and unplugged the ethernet cable ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup)
  • Re: RAS and DNS problem
    ... > which network card is connected to the internet and which one to assign dhsp ... This is one way to provide Internet connection sharing for ... server or static IP pool under server properties IP tab. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing)
  • Re: sp 2 download
    ... does pc have a network card & a router? ... did you disable all your startup user apps before getting SP2? ... For the loss of internet connection post-SP2, ...
  • Re: How to get my Dads Win2k system to access internet through my FreeBSD 6.2 system
    ... Windows 2000 machine with a network card but does not have a connection ... While I can access the internet easily, I want my dad to be ... packet filtering for basic protection won't hurt either. ...
    (freebsd-questions)