RE: Printer Sharing between xp and Vista

None of this has worked for me.

I have an XP home Compaq; HP 5MP LaserJet printer; a new HP Laptop with
Vista home premium 32bit.

I tried all of this. When I try to add a port I get "The network path cannot
be found"

I do already have a Lexmark x7675 wireless printer setup that works
wirelessly from both computers.

This sucks!

Please help

"Sarah" wrote:

Hi Gay. I had this problem myself and nearly went nuts trying to resolve it.
To install this printer, open the control panel, go to the printers folder,
click add new printer, click add a local printer, click create new port,
leave it at local port, in the enter port name box, type the path to your
printer. (for instance, mine is \\your-9k1ay6x2a2\Printer2) then click ok
and you will have it.

"Gay Lynne Kegan" wrote:

I have a few printers connected to my xp machine. I can see the printer on
my Vista computer but when I go to install it I get an access denied
message. What do I do so I can use my printers?

Gay Lynne

  • Re: Home Premium & Office Network...
    ... We have a Linksys 4 port Cable Router that is linked to a Linksys 16 ... I have a Netgear router plugged into a 5-port Netgear switch with one port wired to a desktop, one to a networked printer, one wired to another laptop and one port wired to a WAP. ... My Toshiba Satellite running Vista Home Premium connects to the WAP perfectly OK... ...
  • Re: Printer Sharing between xp and Vista
    ... You shouldn't have to add a port or anything like that, if the printer is shared out correctly correctly, Vista should find it and add it. ... click add new printer, click add a local printer, click create new port, ... "Gay Lynne Kegan" wrote: ...
  • Re: Newbie needs help...
    ... MS Vista Home Premium ... Expansion Port 3 ... I would like to be able to record via midi from the Roland to the ... I use Sonar home studio, there's certain to be freeware around as ...
    (comp.music.midi)
  • Advanced firewall rules help please.
    ... I'm trying to create a rull, that will lock-down a Vista Home Premium PC, so that it can only gain access to the internet via a corporate proxy on a Cisco VPN client. ... I can block all port 80 and 443 traffic, but then can't get a rule to work that permits traffic to the VPN gateway or proxy server. ...
  • Re: I cant send or receive messages in windows mail
    ... Gmail doesn't use port 25. ... Vista Home Premium 32 SP1 ... -- The connection to the server has failed. ... Secure: Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)